The Ongoing Church
French Congo Swahili
This book contains a simple commentary on the book of Acts.
By Gertrud Harlow,
|Title: The Ongoing Church
Author: G. Harlow,
Language: Everyday English
Binding: Perfect Binding
Book Size: 5.5x8.5x0.30''
Category: Bible Study Books
Page Count: 160
Publisher: Everyday Publications Inc.
Item Code: 074
Other Languages: FR, SW,
Luke, the beloved doctor, was led by the Holy Spirit to write the book of Acts with a good beginning but a sudden ending. The Church of Jesus Christ started on the day of Pentecost and is still going on. The apostles are no longer with us but we have their inspired writings. It is necessary to know the book of Acts in order to understand the epistles, the most important part of the Bible.
In this book Gertrud Harlow draws many practical lessons from Acts both for individuals and churches today.
What happened next? A er the Lord Jesus Christ went back to heaven? That's what the book of Acts is all about.
This book tells how the Church began at Jerusalem and how a Jew, Saul of Tarsus became a Christian. Later this same man, now called Paul, was used of God to take the Gospel to many Gentile countries. Other believers from Jerusalem brought the Gospel to other countries also. Paul wrote many le ers to help and teach the churches that had been formed in some of these places and some of these le ers are included in the New Testament.
Who wrote the book of Acts?
Luke, the writer of the Gospel which has his name continued his account in the book of Acts of what the Lord Jesus did and taught. The Holy Spirit guided Luke and showed him what to write, 2 Timothy 3.16.
Luke was a medical doctor and one of Paul's close friends, Colossians 4.14. We do not see his name in Acts but a number of verses show that he o en travelled with Paul and had seen with his own eyes many of the things he wrote about. See 16.10-17; 20.5-21.18; 27.1-28.16. He was with Paul when God called Paul to go into Macedonia. When Paul was in prison in Rome for the last time only one person remained with him—faithful Luke.
Biography ofDr. R.E & G.I. Harlow started the work of Everyday Publications together to bring Everyday English books to the saints. More…
Other Titles by Gertrud Harlow
Bible Study Books
- Topical Bible Index - Old Testament, New Testament
- Truth From Ruth - Ruth
- Mafundisho ya Ruta - Ruth
- From Jerusalem to Babylon - 1 Kings, 2 Kings
- From Jerusalem to Babylon: Test Booklet - 1 Kings, 2 Kings
- From Jerusalem to Babylon: Answer Key - 1 Kings, 2 Kings
- Never Thirst Again - John
- Rivers of Living Water - John
- Mafundisho juu ya Yoane: Maji ya Uzima: Kitabu 1 Sura 1-9 - John
- Mafundisho juu ya Yoane: Maji ya Uzima: Kitabu 2 Sura 10-21 - John
- Never Thirst Again: Test Booklet - John
- The Ongoing Church - Acts
- Kitabu cha Matendo: Kukua na kuenea kwa Kanisa - Acts
- Prove Your Faith - Studies in James - James
- Prouvez Votre Foi - James
- Mafundisho juu ya Barua ya Yakobo: Hakikisha Imani Yako - James
- La iglesia y yo - The Church
- A igreja e eu - The Church
- Women in the CHURCH - The Church, Lord's Supper
- Omba kwa Jina Langu - Prayer
- Calling All Girls - Other, Children
- Better Than Bread: Book 1 - Old Testament
- Better Than Bread: Book 2 - Old Testament
- Kuja, Kula!: Kitabu cha Kwanza - Old Testament, New Testament
- Kuja, Kula!: Kitabu cha Pili - Old Testament, New Testament
- Kuja, Kula!: Kitabu cha Tatu - Old Testament, New Testament
- Kuja, Kula!: Kitabu cha Ine - Old Testament, New Testament
- Better Than Bread: Book 3 - New Testament
- Fullness of Joy - Other
- ¿Por qué, Señor? - Other
- Why, Lord? - Other, Christian Growth
- Kwa Nini, Bwana? - Other, Christian Growth
- Ask In My Name - Prayer
- Pidan en Mi Nombre - Prayer
- Demandez en Mon Nom - Prayer
- Mashairi Kwa Wakati Wa Mateso - New Christian , Christian Growth