Singleness: A Male Perspective
The author takes a Biblical look at the issue of singleness from a male perspective. Written for men, much of the truths in the material covered is relative to women also.
By William MacDonald,
|Title: Singleness: A Male Perspective
Author: W. MacDonald,
Language: Standard English
Binding: Perfect Binding
Book Size: 4x6.5x0.15
Category: Doctrinal Books
Page Count: 44
Publisher: Everyday Publications Inc.
Item Code: 706
Some time ago, a reader in Switzerland asked me to write an article on the single life from a manï¿½s point of view. She said that there was al- ready a good deal of source material written by women but very little by men.
That explains why the following is from a male perspective. Volumes could have been writ- ten about the devotion and dedication of single women. Their exploits for the Lord Jesus are mon- umental. This booklet should never be interpreted as an effort to slight them or disregard them. That would be unthinkable.
Much of the material covered is equally true of women as well as men. Just change the pro- nouns, add a few superlatives, and the truth is there.
Singleness is often regarded as abnormal and a condition to be pitied or even ridiculed. But is that what the Bible teaches? On the contrary, the case for the single life is stronger than most Chris- tians either realize or are willing to admit. It is no exaggeration to say that Scripture presents it as ideal, preferable, and superior. While acknowl- edging that marriage is good, the Bible affirms that singleness is better.
The Lord Jesus, Himself a single Man,
taught that if a believer chooses to be single in
order to serve Him and His church with his
fullest powers, this is a sacred and exalted call-
ing. He spoke of those who make themselves eu-
nuchs for the kingdom of heavenï¿½s sake (Matt.
19:12c). This simply means that they determine
to forego the companionship and pleasures of
marriage so that they can advance the Lordï¿½s in-
terests without being hampered by a multitude of
domestic responsibilities. While these responsi-
bilities are perfectly legitimate, they demand time,
effort, and finances which could detract from a
The Savior added the words, ï¿½He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.ï¿½ This means that to be a eunuch for the kingdomï¿½s sake is only for those willing and able to deliberately adopt this lifestyle. The Lord strongly recommends it.
Biography ofMr. William MacDonald was a man of varied experience: U.S. Navy, Bible School president, international conference speaker and author.
His biggest production is the Believer's Bible Commentary, Old Testament and New Testament (over 1200 pages each). More…
Other Titles by William MacDonald
Bible Study Books
- Reino dividido - 1 Kings, 2 Kings
- Reino dividido: librito de exámenes - 1 Kings, 2 Kings
- Reino dividido: clave de respuestas - 1 Kings, 2 Kings
- Kingdom Divided: Kings to Esther - 1 Kings to Esther
- Kingdom Divided: Kings to Esther: Test Booklet - 1 Kings to Esther
- Kingdom Divided: Kings to Esther: Answer Key - 1 Kings to Esther
- Vitabu Vya Manabii Kitabu 1 - Mafundisho juu ya Isaya - Isaiah
- Cuatro Hombres con un Mensaje - Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel
- Cuatro Hombres con un Mensaje: clave de respuestas - Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel
- Sixteen Men With a Message - Isaiah to Malachi
- Sixteen Men With a Message: Answer Key - Isaiah to Malachi
- Vitabu Vya Manabii Kitabu 2 - Mafundisho juu ya Yeremia na Maombolezo - Jeremiah, Lamentations
- Ezekieli na Danieli - Vitabu Vya Manabii Kitabu 3 - Ezekiel, Daniel
- The Pocket New Testament Commentary - New Testament
- Mafundisho ya Agano Jipya - Matthew, Mark
- Mafundisho juu ya Biblia AGANO JIPYA: Matayo - Matendo - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts
- Mafundisho juu ya Biblia AGANO JIPYA: Waroma - Wakolosayi - Romans to Colossians
- Singleness: A Male Perspective - Other
- God the Son: A Symposium - Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ
- Kristo Alipenda Kanisa - The Church, Jesus Christ
- Is Jesus God - Jesus Christ
- Jésus est-il Dieu? - Jesus Christ, Jehovah
- Heaven - Heaven, Christian Growth
- Only One Time Around - Other
- The Problem of Lust - Other, New Christian
- The Day Jesus Came To My House - Jesus Christ
- Does It Pay To Pray? - Prayer
- ¿Vale la pena orar? - Prayer
- El juego y la bebida - New Christian , Christian Growth
- El problema de la lujuria - New Christian , Christian Growth
- ¡Quebrántame, Señor! - Christian Growth
- Rudi Kwa Mungu - Christian Growth